How to Unlock AT&T Phone or Tablet – 1-850-583-3302 Toll Free
Do you want to unlock AT&T device? If yes then here is good news for the AT&T device users. You can Unlock AT&T Phone or Tablet and use it anywhere you want. In this blog, you will get all the instruction related to unlocking phones for non-customers. The company will charge a fee to help phone owner, not on the AT&T network.
First of all you should know the eligibility of device to free your phone or tablet from the AT&T networks. Before you unlock keep these things in mind.
Before you unlock
If you want to Unlock AT&T Phone or Tablet then there is no problem at all. Both AT&T phone and T-mobile run their GSM technology. Once your phone is unlocked, just pop in your new T-Mobile sim card and you will be able to use your phone or tablet. Both AT&T and T-Mobile use LTE service, so 4G LTE devices can access your network without any problem.
The Verizon uses the standard CDMA not GSM, then also you can use AT&T 4G LTE device on the Verizon LTE networks. They both function on the same spectrum so theoretically LTE data work fine here. You can make or receive calls and texts, or access data over the Verizon’s 3G service.
Sprint is also a CDMA carrier and its function is based on LTE network on a different band of the spectrum than T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. It accepts selected AT&T devices on its plan. But for that, you have to check first.
If you want prepaid or less expensive plans and happy with AT&T coverage, you can unlock the device to one of the carrier’s MVNO’s.
- The device should not be reported as lost or stolen and not involved in any fraud activity.
- If you have purchased a phone in installments through the AT&T Next upgrade plans then you have to pay off its cost and have no remaining payments left for that particular device.
- If you have upgraded your phone recently and want to unlock your old device, for that you have to wait for 14 days before an unlock will be granted.
- It is mandatory for the postpaid plan’s customers to have an account that has been active for the past 60 days, while prepaid/ GoPhone user must be on an action plan for six months before unlocking.
Request information to unlock your device
AT&T customers can apply to Unlock AT&T Phone or Tablet, or through the AT&T website. You can request to unlock by visiting att.com/deviceunlock and fill the Device unlock request form. After submitting the form you will receive a confirmation email to confirm your request, but expect to wait around two business days for the actual unlocking instructions to meet. or you can call att email customer care.
You will need
- The account number attached to the device (and the account holder’s name)
- The account holder’s password, or the last four digits of their social security number
- The IMEI or MEID number of the device. You can find this either by checking under the battery cover or, in the case of some iPhones, on the back of the device. You can also find it by dialing*#06# on your device. The number itself will be either 14 or 15 digits and appear onscreen after you dial and press Call or Send.
- The phone number attached to the device
- If you’re requesting an unlock for military deployment, your deployment papers
Military personnel and non-customers
AT&T does make exceptions for deployed military personnel, provided your account is paid up with no overdue bills and you can provide deployment verification. Apparently, AT&T may limit the number of unlocks it grants per account holder.
If you’ve never been an AT&T customer, but have an AT&T device, you can also ask for an unlock (again, provided the device hasn’t been reported lost or stolen).