How to create AT&T Sub accounts – 1-850-583-3302 Toll-Free
In this blog, you will find the steps How to create AT&T Subaccounts in your accounts. Follow the given steps to add subaccounts. First of all, you need to sign into your AT&T accounts.
Go to the Profile > Accounts users.
If you have more than one account then choose the account you want to manage from the drop-down at the top.
Choose Manage a sub-accounts.
Choose to add a sub-accounts.
Go through the terms and condition and choose Accept.
Complete all the required fields and select save.
Edit a sub account
- Go to the profile > Accounts user.
- If you have multiple accounts then choose the account that you want to manage from the drop-down at the top.
- Choose manage subaccounts users.
- Choose Edit option which is present next to the desired subaccounts.
- Update the information you would like to change and select save changes.
Disable or enable a sub account
Visit the profile> Account users.
- If you are multiple account holders then choose the account you want to manage from the drop-down at the top.
- Choose Manage subaccounts users.
- Choose to disable option, you can also enable as per your choice this option is present next to the Subaccounts that you want to change.
Note: if you don’t find Manage subaccounts users option then make sure that you have signed into my AT&T with the primary ID email.
More information about subaccounts
A subaccount is member ID email address that set up under the accounts owner’s primary member ID. Only the account owner can create and manage sub-accounts. For example, the account owner should have a primary ID email and their spouse or children would have subaccount Member ID emails.
- You can add up to 20 subaccounts (up to 10 active accounts at a time) under your primary member ID email. You can disable subaccounts but can’t delete that.
- Subaccounts users can manage the phone features, get product support and chat with an agent.
- Few more additional steps are required for creating subaccounts for any child under the age of 13.
Note: If you have created a free AT&T email account after June 12, 2011 and you are not an AT&T internet or DSL customer, you can’t create subaccounts.
Information about ordering permissions for subaccount users
- U-verse and AT&T internet account owners can grant ordering permissions to subaccount users who are 18 years of age or older.
- Granting the order permissions allow the subaccounts user to make service related purchases (such as buying Pay per View movies). These purchases are charged to you, the account owner, per your existing contract with AT&T.